Creating Good Paying Jobs
As County Supervisor, Curt will work to implement his five-point plan to create new and better paying jobs in San Bernardino County.
He will also continue his efforts to cut red tape and eliminate job-killing regulations.
- Helping to Attract New Manufacturing Jobs. Curt worked across party lines to enact a new program that provides tax credits to help attract new manufacturing facilities to the Inland Empire.
- Creating 25,000 new Construction Jobs. Curt helped create thousands of jobs by exempting $1.4 billion in transportation projects from lengthy legal reviews. These efforts not only created new jobs, but helped relieve Inland Empire traffic congestion.
- Keep Taxes Down. As County Supervisor, Curt will work to keep taxes and fees down to encourage creation of new jobs and help families recover from the economic downturn.
- Curt received a 100% score from the California Taxpayers Association and the support of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association for his efforts to keep taxes down on working families and retirees.
Cleaning Up Corruption in County Government
Sickened by a county government whose politicians have used our tax dollars as so many favors to hand out to the special interests, Curt is determined to clean up the mess.
Assemblyman Hagman started the clean-up campaign in the state legislature where he fought for laws to crack down on county corruption.
- Stopping Corrupt Politicians from Spending Tax Dollars . By supporting AB 309, Curt removed local government officials who have been indicted or convicted for a criminal offense from commissions that spend tax dollars on government contracts.
- Improving Investigations into Corruption . Assemblyman Hagman fought make it easier for authorities to investigate corruption in San Bernardino County government.
Protecting our Tax Dollars
As an Assemblyman Curt supported numerous reforms that helped save billions of tax dollars. As County Supervisor, he will continue fighting for taxpayers by fighting waste, duplication and fraud by supporting greater use of independent audits.
Among the reforms Curt supported:
- Enacted welfare reforms that helped save billions of dollars while protecting programs for children, elderly and the disabled.
- Authored a measure to eliminate pensions for politicians and save taxpayers millions of dollars.
- Helped outlaw pay raises for politicians during budget deficits.
- Required competitive bidding in state government.
Protecting Neighborhoods from Crime
Curt volunteers for the San Bernardino Sheriff in a number of positions and is the Specialized Service Bureau’s Captain of Disaster Assistance Team.
The Chino Police Officers Association appreciates his volunteer and legislative efforts to keep us safe. That’s why they have endorsed Curt for County Supervisor.
- Keep 10,000 Prisoners Behind Bars. Curt led successful efforts to keep 10,000 felons in state prisons and out of our neighborhoods where they would be causing trouble.
- Keep Guns from Convicted Felons and the Mentally Ill. Curt co-authored legislation to increase penalties for the illegal possession of firearms by convicted felons and the dangerous mentally ill.
- Giving Law Enforcement Tools to Fight Gun Crimes. Curt helped enact a new law that gives law enforcement authority to seize assault weapons owned by convicted criminals and those with serious mental illnesses.
- Protect Children from Sex Offenders. Working across party lines, Curt helped enact a new law increasing penalties for sex offenders and requiring the monitoring of parolees through GPS.
- Honored by Law Enforcement.
- Given the 1st Annual “True Spirit of Volunteerism” Award, Chino Hills Police/Sheriff’s Department
- Received the Commander’s Award, Chino Hills Police/Sherrif’s Department
- Named Volunteer of the Year – 1999, Chino Hills Police/Sherriff’s Department
Standing up for Education
In the Assembly, Curt has fought hard to make our schools safer and used his position on the Allocation Board to improve school facilities in each of the cities in the 4th district.
As Supervisor, he’ll continue efforts to ensure there is a safe learning environment for our children.
- Improving School Facilities. Through his work on the School Allocation Board, Curt improved school facilities in Ontario, Upland, Montclair and the Chino Valley.
- Protecting Students from Violence. By co-authoring AB 1264, Curt fought to improve school safety programs by ensuring schools have a safety plans to deal with dangerous incidents involving firearms or other dangerous weapons.
- Making College More Affordable. Curt helped enact the “Middle Class Scholarship” to slash the cost of a college education for middle class families.
- Volunteering for our Schools.
- Member, PTA – Hidden Trails Elementary School, 5 years
- Member, Alliance for Education
- Chair, Red Ribbon Week Committee
- Participant, Student Government Day, Principal for a Day, Literacy Day and Make a Child Smile